Friday, January 3, 2014

Fit and Fresh!

Hey ya'll! 

Today I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' to share a few of my New Years goals! I, like most people, have made fitness goals for the upcoming year, so I felt today was a perfect day to join the party! Overall, I pride myself on the healthy life style I lead. However, like most women, there are ALWAYS ways I can improve myself. I never want to become complacent with a routine or find myself in a rut where there is no room for growth. Therefore, I have deemed 2014 my year to "live lean and clean!". 

http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/



http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/fc/30/ce/fc30ced8344cf9b33aca5f74dd01f90b.jpg


Although I often feel like the picture above, fitness is undoubtedly the ONLY way I can keep my sanity. I have always followed a pretty strict weight lifting/ running exercise program. I am also a fairly picky and conscious eater. However, lately I have found myself making little  muscle growth through my current workout routine. While searching the web for healthy recipes, I stumbled upon an exercise program and instantly fell in love! The program is called Jamie Eason's LiveFit. Have any of you tried it? The workouts were pretty similar to those in my old routine, but what I like about this program most is that it provides me with guidance and methods to make my routines more challenging. Most importantly, it also inspired me to adopt the eating 5 clean, high-protein meals a day diet. That's right  FIVE meals. At first, I was more than happy to jump on board with any lifestyle that requires me to eat as often as possible. However, living on a teacher's schedule makes this a little more challenging. But, with the company of my favorite {and only} workout partner, Ms. Winter, I know I can stick to it!

Here we are after our workout today: shoulders, abs, and a little HIIT (high intensity interval training). And, on the menu today:


Organic baked chicken, organic Basmati Brown Rice, and steamed veggies. YUM!

Well friends, that's about it for my fitness goals this year. It's been a busy day of eating and exercising. Now, it's time to get my booty in gear for school! I wish everyone luck with their  fitness goals! I will be back soon to post my plans for our upcoming Polar unit! Don't forget to link up!

Happy Teaching!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a pretty good accountability partner.

    Mr. Gibbs' Colorful Circus

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY: THE CUTEST BLOG ON THE BLOCK