Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Updates and a Freebie

Happy Tuesday, friends!
I don't know about ya'll, but this wonderful fall weather has left me in the BEST mood lately. I love the way it feels when all of the holidays start rollin' around, and I am getting SO excited preparing for them in my classroom! 

We are still knee deep in all things creepy. For centers, we have been using all kinds of activities from my Things That Go Bump in the Night packet {I know I said it'll be posted soon, and I promise it will be!} We also began practicing our subtraction skills and used this little diddy I threw together to help us learn our facts. 





As I read the story I also used some great {and glittery} black spiders I got from Wal-Mart for a whopping $2 bucks! My kids LOVED going along with the story, and they didn't even realize they were using math! Since it worked so well my kiddos, I thought maybe ya'll could use it too! If you'd like to download my "Ten Little Spiders" story and the corresponding center activity and recording sheet, just click the picture below! This is PART 2 of my October mathtivities. 


Speaking of spooky....the other morning I waked into my classroom to find this little surprise....



                                                         Oh the horror, the horror!
Your eyes don't deceive you. It is most definitely my beloved Scentsy in pieces on the floor of my classroom. That Scentsy was just about the only thing keeping my classroom smelling great. Naturally, my students blamed it on our Halloween ghost and I have to admit, I was pretty freaked out myself. Looks like I know what I'll be putting on my Christmas list this year...


In other {non-spooky} news, my cuties have become SO into reader's workshop. Our stamina has grown and we have FINALLY made it to reading with a buddy stage...and let me tell you, it is by far the kids {and my}  most favorite time of the day. Nothing makes this teacher happier than looking around at a class FULL of students reading together and talking about their books. 
 Ignore all the  creepy happy faces and enjoy...
 



*Sight*  It's a beautiful thing.


Before I leave you today, I thought I'd share something with you that made me smile BIG this week. One of my students lost a tooth and wrote a note to the tooth fairy. Naturally the "tooth fairy " wrote back, and here's what she said...



I just about DIED when I read it. How cute! Luckily the parents laminated the note so that the whole class could enjoy it. Of course all my kids ate it right up and loved thinking that their teacher has a secret identity. I have to admit...I may have given them the idea myself. :)

Have a great rest of the week, sweet friends! Get out and enjoy the weather!

Happy teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DESIGN BY: THE CUTEST BLOG ON THE BLOCK