Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Classroom Digs!

Hey ya'll!
 Phew, is all I really have to say right now. Today was our second *official* day of school, and let me tell you...I am EXHAUSTED! I always forget that my cuties really do start out as babies. But, in my two short days with them, they have already impressed me beyond words and shown so much growth! 
I really can't wait to show you all the fun stuff we've been getting into, but today I'm here to link up with Blog Hoppin' and show you my classroom digs! This year, I was fortunate enough to move into a brand new and HUGE room! It has been a dream come true for me, but still I feel like I am dying for more space. I guess that's something a teacher really will never be satisfied with. Especially if you have a basket hoarding problem like I do. 


First up, I'll share a picture of my calendar, and center rotation chart board! I totally changed up my color scheme this year, and as you can see, I also totally stole borrowed some bulletin board ideas from the amazing Kindercraze.


We have already put both boards to great use, and I love how bright a cheery they look! I also got my fabulous alphabet from the one and only Kindercraze. Now if only they would invent a tape that would actually adhere to cinder block walls....sigh.

Oh and that rolling container you see? Well this lucky lady happened to win that at  PD two weeks ago, and now I SERIOUSLY don't know how I ever survived without it. I'm not sure how much they cost retail, but I swear it would be worth every single penny. 

Next up, a little snip of my rug area. I was lucky enough to have enough space in my classroom this year to position a rug right in front of my Promethean board, and still enough space to have another massive rug in my classroom library. Blessed, I know. 



The pocket charts on the back of the bookcases are for center use. On the other side is where we store all of our math tubs. The buckets of clipboards are also used for center work, and the bucket of dry erase boards are used daily in a variety of subjects!

My next area up for show is our classroom library. Almost all of the books and tubs are labeled, but it's still a little bit of a work in progress. I'm realizing it's actually impossible to have every aspect of your classroom entirely done before school starts. If you are one of those lucky people who are able to do so, I don't wanna know about it. ;) I prefer the comfort of the idea that I am not the only one still scrambling to get it together!


My library definitely got quite the upgrade this year, and I was so thrilled to be able to add that sweet little tent of mine! All of my bookshelves were donated to my class via Donor' s Choose, and boy are they a lifesaver! They take up just the perfect amount of space, and have plenty of room for my ever-growing library. The buckets you see on the shelves to the right house all of our "word work" centers. This picture was taken prior to the numbering of each of the tubs. The paper trays above each correspond to a word work center, and house the recording sheets for each activity. 

Well, friends! That's all the pictures I have to share with you today! I realized after getting home that I have absolutely NO pictures of my student tables, small group table, writing center, or computer center, so that will have to hold off till another post! In the meantime, I'm going to make myself mighty busy checking out all the other wonderful classroom digs over on the Blog Hoppin' linky! 


Thanks for checking in and, as always, happy teaching!

2 comments:

  1. Your room is super cute! I agree that we always want a bigger room - we seem to fill up the space fast! I too am a basket hoarder and have too many bins and need to stop buying them. But I can't - especially not when the dollar store gets in new ones that all match. :) I love the little tent in your room by the way. Nice to meet you on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use hot glue to get my stuff to stick to cinder block!

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGN BY: THE CUTEST BLOG ON THE BLOCK